Tent Camping Wristbands
Your Hinter-home-away-from-home. Pitch your ideal pad.
Sold per person. Does not include festival pass or parking. No single day.
- Get a wristband for Innerland or Outerland
- Sold per person
- No cars allowed inside campgrounds
- No assigned sites
- Check-in: 9am-8pm Thursday-Saturday, 9am-7pm Sunday
- Re-entry during daylight hours only
- All campers must exit by Noon Monday
You are welcome to visit any campground with a camping wristband, but you are only allowed to set up camp and stay overnight in your designated campground.
- Sold separately for $60 Innerland Parking, $40 Outerland Parking
- Advance purchase required
- Parking in the Innerland or Outerland lots is exclusive to tent camping wristband purchasers
- Add-on option for tent campground parking will pop up at checkout if you have carted the correlating tent camping
- If Innerland and Outerland parking lots sell out, you should purchase a General Parking Pass and transport your gear by foot or take the free festival shuttle
- No gear drop-offs by cars allowed
- Camping within parking lots are prohibited
Tent Camping Amenities
The Campfire Stage features performances for campers each night. View the lineup.
Food & Drink
You can bring your own food & drink into campgrounds. We’ll also have some available for purchase. View the food vendors.
Hinterland Café Brunch
Each morning head to the Hinterland Café for food, drinks and live music. View the lineup.
Porta-potties located in all campgrounds.
Showers located next to the Non-Powered RV Campground. $7, card only. Shower Hours: 5pm-1am Thursday, 5am-1am Friday, Saturday, Sunday.
Refillable water stations are located in each campground.
Pick up any odds and ends you may have forgotten at our General Store by the Box Office. Hours: 8am-Midnight.
Join us for yoga by the Campfire Stage on Friday, Saturday and Sunday morning at 9:30am. Yoga by Ben Spellman of Good Vibes Yoga. Classes are freewill donation.
What You Can Bring
- Small campfire stoves/grills that run on propane or charcoal
- Drinks with a limit of three cases of either beer, boxes of wine, or liquor bottles per campsite
- Wagons for transporting gear
- Pyro Stuff (No tiki torches, fireworks or the like, please)
- Cars or RVs in Tent Campgrounds
- Pets (Service animals are welcome)
- Selling stuff, unlicensed vending or sponsor tents
- Swimming in the pond
- No camping in parking lots
Arriving to Hinterland as a Tent Camper
Check-in is available between 9am-8pm Thursday-Saturday and 9am-7pm on Sunday. All campers must exit by 12pm on Monday.
Follow signs to the parking lot you purchased a parking pass for. Show your pass to the attendant.
After parking, gather your gear and head to the entrance to your camping area. Show your pass to get a wristband. Then it’s first-come, first-serve for setting up your tent.
For safety and traffic flow, no gear drop-offs by cars allowed.
By Carpool, Rideshare or Des Moines Shuttle
Drop-off for carpooling, rideshare or people taking the Des Moines Shuttle is just west of the festival grounds. Take the parking lot shuttle or walk to your camping area (wagons are allowed). At the entrance to your camping area, show your pass to get a wristband. Then it’s first-come, first-serve for setting up your tent.
Entering the Festival
Festival grounds open at 3pm on Thursday, 2pm on Friday and 11am on Saturday and Sunday.
4-Day pass holders may leave and re-enter the festival grounds and parking lot. Re-entry to parking lots is only allowed during daylight hours. Single day pass holders may not re-enter the festival grounds.
Have more questions? View our FAQs.