Level up and live it up with all the VIP extras.
Sold per person. Includes tent camping. Does not include parking (purchase as an add-on for VIP Parking Lot). No single day. 21+ only.
- Viewing area at mainstage (view map)
- VIP bar
- Air-conditioned restrooms
- Shaded tent
- Portable seating available
- Charging stations
Food & Drink
- 5 drink tokens for beer, liquor or NA
- 6 food vouchers for any food vendor, including ones inside and outside VIP area
- Tent camping for use in VIP, Innerland or Outerland
- Air-conditioned restrooms
- Opportunity to purchase a VIP Parking Pass for $50
- Add-on option for VIP Parking will pop up at checkout if you have carted a VIP Pass
- Free Des Moines Shuttle Pass
- Add-on option for a free shuttle pass will pop up at checkout if you have carted a VIP pass
- Commemorative festival t-shirt
You are welcome to visit any campground with a VIP wristband, but you are only allowed to set up camp and stay overnight in VIP, Innerland or Outerland.
VIP Camping Amenities
Your VIP Pass is good for camping in any tent campground (VIP, Innerland, Outerland).
The Campfire Stage features performances for campers each night. View lineup.
Food & Drink
You can bring your own food & drink into campgrounds. We’ll also have some available for purchase. View food vendors.
Hinterland Café Brunch
Each morning head to the Hinterland Café for food, drinks and live music. View the lineup.
Air-conditioned restrooms located in VIP Campground. Porta-potties located in all campgrounds.
Showers are located next to the Non-Powered RV Campground. A shuttle to showers will run from 5am-2pm on Fri-Sun. Showers $7, card only. Shower Hours: 5pm-1am Thursday, 5am-1am Friday, Saturday, Sunday.
Refillable water stations are located in each campground.
Pick up any odds and ends you may have forgotten at our General Store located by the Box Office. General Store Hours: 8am-Midnight.
Join us for yoga by the Campfire Stage on Friday, Saturday and Sunday morning at 9:30am. Yoga by Ben Spellman of Good Vibes Yoga. Classes are freewill donation.
What You Can Bring Camping
- Small campfire stoves/grills that run on propane or charcoal
- Drinks with a limit of three cases of either beer, boxes of wine, or liquor bottles per campsite
- Wagons for transporting gear
- Pyro Stuff (No tiki torches, fireworks or the like, please)
- RVs or Cars in Tent Campgrounds
- Pets (Service animals are welcome)
- Selling stuff, unlicensed vending or sponsor tents
- Swimming in the pond
- No camping in parking lots
Arriving to Hinterland as a VIP
Check-in is available between 9am-8pm Thursday-Saturday and 9am-7pm on Sunday. All campers must exit by 12pm on Monday.
If you purchased the Add-On VIP Parking Pass for $50 (add-on option for VIP Parking will pop up at checkout if you have carted a VIP Pass), head to the VIP Parking Lot.
After parking, gather your gear and head to the VIP camping entrance. Show your pass to the campground host to get your VIP wristband and voucher packet. Then it’s first-come, first-serve for setting up your tent.
If you aren’t camping, head to the VIP Entrance, Main Festival Entrance, or Box Office to get your VIP wristband and voucher packet.
By Carpool, Rideshare or Des Moines Shuttle
If you aren’t parking in VIP, you can pick up your VIP wristband and voucher packet at the VIP Entrance, Main Festival Entrance, VIP Campground, or Box Office.
Your VIP pass includes a free Des Moines Shuttle Pass. Add-on option for a free shuttle pass will pop up at checkout if you have carted a VIP pass.
Entering the Festival
Festival grounds open at 3pm on Thursday, 2pm on Friday and 11am on Saturday and Sunday.
You may leave and re-enter the festival grounds and parking lot. Re-entry to parking lots is only allowed during daylight hours.
Food & Drink as a VIP
View all the beverage selections at Hinterland, including the exclusive VIP Bar offerings and craft cocktails. After you use your 5 free drink tokens, you can purchase drinks at the VIP Bar with cash, credit or tokens/tickets.
Your 6 food vouchers can be used at any food vendor, including ones inside and outside the VIP area. View the food vendors.
Have more questions? View our FAQs.